With Access Control, an Organizer can limit who has access to register and check into a Session based on certain conditions. This article is intended to help Organizers set up the Access Control Logic that will be used in their event.
Navigate the session you would like to apply access control logic questions:
Manage > Manage Session > Sessions > (choose the session)
Scroll to the access control area, toggle on access control.
- Auto Registration - Attendees registered instantly at the door based on access control. Use this toggle when using Filter Options to automatically register attendees who match the designated filters. If this option is disabled, attendees or staff members will be asked if they want to register the accounts.
- Filter Options - When enabled, only specific attendees filtered below can register to this session. When disabled, attendees will need to be pre-registered to the session to have access.
Click Add Registration Type Filter, choose the Registration Type(s) you would like these access controls to be associated with.
Click Add Question Filter, choose the Question and Answer you would like these access controls to be associated with. (You are able to choose multiple questions and answers, but you will have to add them one at a time).
Save the filters you have added to this session by clicking the Create for a new session or Update for a session that has already been created.
The logic the platform will use is as followed:
- If multiple Registration Types are selected, the attendee will need to have any one of the Registration Types to be granted access (Logic is OR)
- If multiple Custom Question answers from different questions are selected, the attendee will need to have every single matching answer to be granted access (Logic is AND)
- If multiple Custom Question answers from the same question are selected, the attendee will need to have any one of the answers selected for that question to be granted access (Logic is OR)
- If both Custom Questions and Registration Types are set, you will need to choose between AND or OR logic. The latter will require either a certain answer or a certaint ticket, while the other will require that both match to grant someone access.
Granting All Attendees Access to A Session
As Acces Control Logic is intended to limit attendee access, the best way to ensure all attendees have access to a Session is to toggle this option OFF. Doing so will let anyone Register for the Session, whether on the Event Page or Attendee App if enabled.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.