Using Webhooks will allow you to send custom data to a URL via an HTTP request when certain triggers are activated.
To create a Webhook, go to Library > Webhooks
Next, click on Create a Webhook
Now, you will be prompted to enter in the Webhook details.
- Name: This is the internal name for the Webhook that will display on the list of Webhooks in Boomset.
- URL: This is where you will enter in the URL that will receive the data, this is generally provided by the recipient platform, or by using a custom URL.
- Trigger By: You can set the data to send either when a guest is created, when a guest checks into the main event, or when a guest checks into a session
- Please note that the session trigger applies to all sessions and cannot be filtered to any one particular session. Instead, you can include the Session Name and/or Session ID fields in the payload.
- Payload: You can select either "Text" to write your own freeform payload, or "Form" to enter in the keys and select the values of the JSON payload
- Enter in whatever you would like to name the key, then select any of the following values from the Value dropdown:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Birth Date
- Registration Type
- Event ID
- Guest ID
- Registration Code
- Order Number
- Any Group Custom Question
- Session ID
- Session Name
Lastly, you can include any required headers in the Headers section. Not all platforms require this, so you will want to check the documentation of the platform receiving the Webhook to see if any headers are required.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.