Once Badges have been created, Organizers can customize the content that will be visible on them. This article covers the different type of content that can be added and the ways they can be customized.
After your Badge has been added, you will be taken into the Designer. Here, you can customize determine the content that will be printed unto the badges and the way this content can look.
Setting up the Design Size
If you are using a Brother printer, then the label type you selected will determine the size of the canvas where you will construct your design. If you are using any other printer (Zebra, Epson, etc.,), you can manually determine the size of the canvas you will be working on.
When using Custom Badge sizes, you are free to modify these values at any time during the design process. However, you will need to click on Update for these changes to be reflected.
Note: If you are setting up a custom size for your badge, please make sure it matches the size of the physical stock. Otherwise, there will be a mismatch between the design on the website and the look as printed on the badge.
Adding Content to Your Badge
In general terms, there are two types of content fields you can add to your badge:
- Dynamic Content Fields: These placeholder fields will populate unique information for each attendee when their badges are printed, based on what was entered during the Registration process. A [First Name] field will show [John] when John Doe is checked in, for example.
- Static Content Fields: These fields will be printed unto the badges as visible on the Badge Designer. If you add a text box and type in "Welcome!", this message will be visible on all the badges printed, regardless of the attendee-specific data entered during registration.
Under Printed Fields, to the left of the screen, you will find the Dynamic and Static blocks you can add to your Badge. There are different categories to choose from:
- Guest Info: Basic guest information will be found under this section. The information collected or associated with Boomset's Standard Questions will be found here, as well as a bit more data regarding the attendee (like their Registration Type, for example).
- Custom Info: The Custom Questions set up for your Event will show up under this tab. The attendees answers will populate on the badge if used.
- Schedule: The Schedule will show all the Sessions for which an Attendee has registered. You can learn more about this here.
- Session Tracks: The tracks you have created for your Event will be visible here. Adding this option will make visible on the app the Sessions linked to the Tracks.
- Image: From the dropdown Menu, you can opt to add an Image or add a placeholder for the attendee's Selfies — these are collected during the Registration or Check-In process. Selecting the Image option will prompt you to choose an image file from your device to add unto the Badge.
- Text: This option adds a Text Box where you can enter custom text. This is a Static field. The content entered will be visible in all Badges.
- Code: Clicking on this button will add a dynamic placeholder for the attendee's personalized QR Code. Each individual will have a different QR code assigned to them when their Badges print.
Under Non Printed Fields you will find the Grid. This option lets you place a Grid over the badge — you can choose the size of the grid! — to help with the placement of the objects. The example below shows what it looks like when a 0.5x0.5 grid placed over the badge.
Editing Printed Fields
Some of the Printed elements added unto the badge can be customized when added unto the Badge's canvas. To see the options available, just click on the element.
When modifying text, these are the options you will be able to change:
- Font: You can select one of the fonts that Boomset includes by default. Likewise, you can reach out to your Support and request that Custom Fonts are added to your Group.
- Size: You can select a specific size or set it to Auto — this option will adjust the size of the text based on how much populates on the badge.
- Format: You can make your text bold, set italics, or underline it.
- Color: The text color and the box's background color can be set manually.
- Case: Switch between Uppercase or sentence case by selecting your preferred option from the dropdown menu.
- Alignment: You can align the text within the box (to the left, center, or to the right). You can also choose to align the text box to a certain location in the badge, like the center, for example.
- Rotate: You can freely rotate the text added.
- Flip: Choose between horizontal or vertical flips. If you want to manually mirror a badge, flipping the content vertically makes it easier to design the section that will be upside down.
- Hierarchy: If you want to layer one segment of the badge over another, with the Hierarchy toggle you can determine their position in this overly. Objects higher in the hierarchy will be layered over those lower in this order.
- Coordinates: You can also alter the placement of the fields by manually inputting the values you need. The X-axis values determine the horizontal placement of the object, while the Y-axis values determine the vertical placement of the objects!
When editing text fields, there are two functionalities that can be particularly useful for Organizers:
- Wrap Text: When setting up the text box, you can increase its size to be much bigger than the Placeholder text. This will ensure that, if the response is longer than one line, the text will be pushed into a second one. This functionality aims to fill the space of the box with the text, at the size set by the Organizers. If you need the text size to be consistent, this is the best option. Here's an example:
- Auto: If set to Auto, the text size will fill up one line only. So, the text might be made shorter for answers that are a bit longer than others. As such, the text size might vary among the attendees.
The text is not the only printed field that can be edited from the Designer. If you would like to edit the QR code being used, click on the dropdown menu to see the different options available.
Once you have made the changes you need, click on Save on the bottom on the page to keep your changes from being undone! Likewise, if you would like more information about the Custom QR Codes and Barcodes compatible with Boomset, feel free to check out this article: Custom Barcodes and QR Codes.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.