What are Group Members?
All the individuals who are part of a Group are amongst its Members. Unlike general guests, who are the individuals taking part of an Event as an Attendee, Group Members have a series of special permissions to help them take part of the process of creating, editing, and analyzing Events.
When adding Group Members, please keep in mind that each tier has a different set of permissions. The permission hierarchy goes: Owners > Admins > Staffs > Report User, with Owners having the most amount of control over the Group and its Events.
The person who creates the Group will be made its Owner by default. Though, it is possible to transfer this role to team members who are added to the Group after it is created.
Within the Group, the Owner has full control and access. They can:
- Add and Remove Members
- Change the role of Group Members
- Create, edit and delete Events
- Add Integrations / Set up payment gateways
- Purchase more credits for their subscription
- Create and manage subgroups
- Modify their account settings
- Transfer the role of Owner to another member of the team
- Delete the Group
Group Admins have the same permissions as the Group Owner, with three key differences. Unlike the Group Owner, they cannot:
- Delete events, Subgroups, team members or the main Group
- Make changes to the ownership of a Group
- Connect integrations and payment gateways
When it comes to adding team members to the Group, Admins can only add those at their tier or lower.
Group Staffs have full control over the events set up within a Group, though they cannot create new ones. They can also add other individuals to the Group, at the staff tier or lower.
Report users only have access to download reports that are sent out via e-mail. They do not have access to make any edits to the Events or view its set up. As such, they do not have access to the Event or Group Dashboards.
If you have access to add Group Members, you can do so from your Group Dashboard! On your left-side Menu you will see an option that reads Members. It looks like this:
When you click on Members you will see the full list of individuals who are currently added to your Group. On the top-right corner, you will see a blue button that says Add Members.
When you click it, the following panel will appear:
Once the person's email has been added, they will show up under the Member list with an orange board legend that shows they are still pending:
Once they have accepted the invite, the Pending box will be removed.
Group Owners can remove any Team Members on their Group by clicking the trash icon under Actions
After you click on delete, you will be asked to confirm the action by entering your Boomset password. Once you have confirmed the deletion, the Member will be removed from their Members list.
Changing Member Roles
There are two ways to make these changes, depending on what kind of changes you would like to see made.
- If you would like to change a Group Member's role to a lower tier, you can make change their role by selecting a different one from the dropdown menu visible to you under the column Role:
- If you would like to Change a Member's role to a higher tier, the individual has to be removed first. Then, you can re-add them in their new role. So a Report User who needs to be made an Admin will need to be removed and re-added to the Group for the change in role to take place.
If you were invited to be a Member of a Group, you will receive an email notifying you that you have been added to the Group. You do not need to accept the invitation.
If you already have a Boomset account, the Group will appear when you access your Home Page. It will be listed under your Groups.
If you do not have a Boomset account, you can sign up for one by going to our Sign Up Page. You will need to create an account with the same email which the invitation was received. Once your account is created, you will see the Group listed on your Home Page, as well.
If you have any questions, feel free to send Support an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!